March 15, 2021: Friends of Terwilliger has successfully listed 115 acres of publicly owned parkland to the National Register of Historic Places. This includes the original parkway as designed in 1912 by the Olmsted Brothers, from Duniway Park to SW Capitol Hwy including, roadways, pathways, light poles, various parkway views and vegetation.
One Saturday morning in July, Friends of Terwilliger(FOT) hosted a water/Gatorade table to engage with Parkway users. We wanted to know the who, what, and why stories behind people’s choice of Terwilliger Parkway as a place to exercise and enjoy day and night. We counted over 300 people exercising in the 4 hours we were there: half were runners and a third cyclists.Walkers, dogs with owners, strollers, and a skateboard were there too! Of the 300 active exercisers, we were able to engage with 200 asking them 3 questions: